Sunday, December 28, 2014

Chunky Cowl With Bow - My First Knitting Pattern!

Chunky Cowl With Bow - 
My First Knitting Pattern!
I wasn't feeling very well last night, 
so I decided to sit down and knit.
I pulled out some knitting Needles 
that I have had forever.
 I am am not even sure where 
or when I got them!
US19-15mm and US10 -6mm

Then I pulled out some fun Bulky yarn 
I had on hand -
Whimsy Bulky By Yarn Bee - Lava Rocks
as well as, Some Worsted weight (4)
 Red Heart Love in Black

And This What I designed:

The Chunky Cowl With Bow
The cowl and the bow are both 
stitched in just the Garter Stitch,
 so this is a great beginner project,
 to practice your knit stitch and
 make something fun to wear.
I Love it.

Chunky Cowl With Bowl Knitting Pattern
 By Sara Sach

Please, add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites!

Skill: Beginner

Finished Dimensions:
Cowl Measures: 22 x 8 inches
Bow Measures : 7 x 3 inches

Materials:
Straight Knitting Needles: US19 - 15mm and US10 - 6mm
Yarn - Bulky Yarn ( 5) 3.5 oz - 93 yards ( MC)
            Worsted Weight (4) 1 oz (CC)
Button - Big Fun 1.5 inch button ( optional)
Yarn Needle

Stitches and Abbreviations:
Main Color   (MC)
Contrasting Color ( CC)
Knit  ( k)

Gauge-
Cowl: 7 sts = 4 x 4
Bow :12 sts = 3 x 3

Directions-
Cowl:
With MC, Using 2 strands, Cast on 12 sts,
k all sts  for 60 rows.
bind off, sew the 2 ends together.

Bow:
With CC, Cast on 12 sts,
k all sts  for 40 rows.
bind off,
Cut  a 24 inch of marching yarn, wind it around the center of the bow 5 times,
 and tie securely.
Use the ends of the yarn to attach the bow to the cowl,
 Tie securely, weave in all ends.

Sew a fun Button to the center of the Bow.

I think the cowl turned out just lovely.
And it is a great exercise in using 
different size needles
and different yarns, 
and See What you can create!

No comments: