Sunday, December 3, 2017

How I Made Pine Cone Trees | Posh Pooch Designs

How I Made Pine Cone Trees
It was easy and fun, and you can
 make some too.
The First Thing I did was go out in my Yard and collect a bunch of Pine Cones.
You can also purchase bags of them at your local craft store.
What You need:
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
(I used a lot of Glue sticks)

Styrofoam Cones - I made 2 sizes
I purchased these from Hobby Lobby

Glitter Spray - I used silver
I purchased mine From Walmart

Pine Cones - 
I used about 30 on the 2 cones combined.

Embellishments -
I used Cardinal ornaments and berry springs
From Hobby Lobby
My husband gave me 2 pieces of wood, 
left over from putting in the wood floor.

 You do not have to use these, but it did make the cones sturdy while attached the pine cones.
I used Hot glue to attach the cones to the wood.
I put hot glue on the bottom of the pine cone, and began to glue them on the cones. Working from the bottom to the top.
When placing the pine Cones on the cone hold it for a few seconds so glue can set.
I used a lot of Hot Glue.
If you are making these with kids, 
please supervise the hot glue. 
I used small pine cones and pine cone pieces to fill in spots between the other pine cones. Next, I glued on my Cardinals.
I took 2 Springs of berries, broke them a part and 
Glued them on. You need a lot of Glue sticks!
I let Them set for about 30 minutes to make sure all the glue was dry. I also tried to cut off all the Hot glue strings I could see.
Then I took them out side and sprayed them with the Glitter Spray. I Let That dry for about 15 minutes.
I sprayed again, with the glitter spray.
Once that was dry, I set them on my entryway table.
And I Love them.
You can not see the glitter in this picture,
 but they are all glittery and pretty.
And I Love That I used Pine Cones from my own yard.
 These are so easy, you will want to make some
 and put your own creative touch on them.
 

No comments: